STHÅL BELIEVES IN FLOWER POWER
Nature has so much to offer and both fruit and flowers belong on the table. Here the beautiful fruit cake has been decorated with colorful flowers from the Dahlia Farm in Österlen. Be inspired by Ulrika Majstrovic Hansén's pictures that show how beautiful a table can be.
This beautiful plum cake is made in a pie dish with butter and sugar at the bottom. When the cake is flipped onto our round serving dish, you have a crispy crisp on top. We have chosen plum, but you can use apple or other fruit if you wish. Both the Amuse Bouche Plate and the Appetizer Plate are perfect for a piece of cake. Tasty stove.
150 g butter
1 dl raw sugar
2 dl powdered sugar
3 dl wheat flour
1 ½ tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla powder
2 dl milk
Here's how to do it:
- Cover the bottom of a pie dish with raw sugar stirred into 50 grams of melted butter.
- Distribute the cored plums beautifully. Remember that what's on the bottom will be what's on top when you serve.
- Whisk together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and vanilla powder together and then stir into the batter.
- Add the milk
- Pour the batter over the plums and bake in the lower part of the oven for about 45 minutes at 175°C.
Allow the cake to cool in the mold for a while before turning it out. If it's not already crunchy enough on top, you can give it an extra minute of overheating. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or crème fraiche.
The cake in the picture is served on our Appetizer plate in the beautiful Antique glaze.